Daily Bible Study - #7 - Psalm 23:4 - You are With Me




“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4

Scripture
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4

Observation
Sometimes in life we are going through something bad. Today in Psalm 23:4 we see one of the Bible verses that so many people remember about this. Let's do some observation to learn what God has given us in His Word, and see if we can find any new insights. 

The verse starts out, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death".  This is a pretty extreme image to show us how bad things are. I can imagine this as a dark valley completely dark in shadow, and that shadow is cast by death. This would be a very dark and scary place as I imagine. The verse says "Even though" meaning, even if I am going through something as bad as this, "I will fear no evil". So, we should not fear, because we have learned God is with us in this situation, in fact He is with us everywhere we are. And that it what the verse says next, "for You are with me". Then it says "Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me". There are many ways people interpret this, but I am going to stay with the simple definitions that the rod is referring to God's protection, and the staff is referring to God's guidance.

Even though we go through something, even something very hard, we know that God is with us. We should not fear for even a second. We know God is there with us His rod is protecting us, and his staff is guiding us. 

Application
We may rest in the LORD sometimes, and we may rest in the LORD to much, but when we are facing hard things in our life we can take comfort in, and apply, Psalm 23:4 to that situation. We will be comforted because we know God is with us. He is guiding us and protecting us and we will not fear. We can find comfort and strength in this verse in any situation. We find much to take comfort in, but the main thing is God, the Creator of all things, is with us. We simply know that right there with us and in us, God is there. We should not fear for the very Creator, the One that knows all things is with us and will see us through. It as personal as it can get that God cares for us with His Love and is right there and knows what we need and will help us. He comforts us and gives us protection and guidance as we navigate out of bad things to good things.

Prayer
Thank you Father God for your Word of Love in Psalm 23:4. I pray we will write this Word on our heart, and not fear when we face something bad. I pray you will remind us of Your Love, and that You are there when we have a tough situation. I pray we will fear no evil, and we will walk in victory being comforted and strengthened by Your rod of protection and Your staff of guidance. Thank You for Your many blessings. I pray you will bless us Your believers with love, peace, strength, and success in all that we do.

Questions or Want to Correspond:  

EMAIL:  biblemotivationdaily@gmail.com

COMMENTS:  Comment and Questions Below

SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW US:  and Continue to Watch us on YouTube (Bible Motivation Daily), Connect to us and share our Pinterest Pins, Follow on this Blog by using the SUBSCRIBE button at the top of the page.

BLOG: biblemotivationdaily.blogspot.com




Comments